Vision for the Comprehensive Care Program
A – Peace of Mind as a first intervention and screening
20% of Peace of Mind participants are considered to have full blown PTSD diagnosis.
Current methods help less than 50% of veterans suffering from PTSD.
Further treatment methods are a necessity.
Research into Somatic Experiencing ®,EmotionAid ® and other novel treatment modalities may lead to new methods for treatment of those veterans who do not show improvement from current treatment.
B- De-stigmatizing mental health care
1. The comprehensive veteran care model starts with veterans from organic combat units, allowing those who fought together to process together.
2. This approach minimizes the stigma associated with mental health interventions while providing a crucial supportive environment for combat veterans.
3. As a result of the initial group intervention, for the first time veterans are more open to request and benefit from individual therapy.
100% attend Peace of Mind
All IDF Combat Veterans are eligible for Peace of Mind Some programs take place only in Israel, some include travel to Jewish communities abroad Select programs run in partnership with Ministry of Defense
15-25% of them require individual treatment which may include:
Somatic Experiencing ® therapy
8-12% are Treatment resistant and thus require
Intensive rehabilitation program
Due to stigma, most veterans in need of mental health intervention do not seek recognition from the Ministry of Defense, and are therefore ineligible to receive services from it.
1. Creation of an evidence based model for the effective and responsible discharge of soldiers.
2. Publication of papers and protocols in peer reviewed scientific journals assessing the efficacy of Somatic Experiencing ® assisted treatment.
3. Support of the model and its methods in peer reviewed journal will provide the basis for further collaboration and shared learning between Israeli and American Department of Defense, and veteran care organizations in both countries, ensuring more widespread use of innovative treatment method among practitioners in Israel and the United States.
4. International conference in Israel sharing results and findings of the research to all Israeli organizations in the field and select partners from abroad.